CAMPGROUNDS IN HIGH COUNTRY VIRGINIA’S APPALACHIAN MOUNTAINS
MAKE A RESERVATION
Make A Reservation:
- Whitetop Mountain Maple Festival
- Naturalists Rally, Mt. Rogers
- Appalachian Trail Days Festival, Damascus, VA
- Mt. Ramp Festival, Whitetop Mountain
- Grayson County Fiddlers Convention
- Wayne C. Henderson Festival, Grayson Highlands State Park
- Christmas in July, West Jefferson, NC
- Virginia Highlands Festival
- Grayson Highlands Fall Festival
- Mountain Foliage Festival
- Whitetop Mountain Molasses Festival
Historic Abingdon, VA Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia, the town of Abingdon is known for its artsy vibe, historic charm and its proximity to some of the most spectacular outdoor recreation in the state. Plan your trip and learn why Abingdon was voted one of the Coolest Small Towns in America.
Damascus, VA Access to Appalachian Trail,Virginia Creeper Trail & Historic Daniel Boone Trail
Mount Rogers, VA – the highest natural point in Virginia with a summit elevation of 5,729 feet above mean sea level. The summit straddles the border of Grayson & Smyth Counties, VA, about 6.45 miles WSW of us. Visit the Mount Rogers National Recreation Area while you’re there.
Whitetop Mountain, VA – the second highest independent mountain in the U.S. state of Virginia, after nearby Mount Rogers. It is also the third highest named peak in Virginia, after Mount Rogers and its subsidiary peak, Pine Mountain.
The Virginia Creeper Trail makes a perfect mountain adventure. 34 miles from Abingdon to Whitetop Station and views are farmland, mountain streams and the wooded creation of nature.
Onsite CamperQueen Mattress
- Private Indoor Camping with stove, sink, table & curtains.
- Seasonal Camper Storage Available. Call for details.
Campground RentalsCLEAN SHOWERS!
- Tent Campsite (no electrical hookups) $20.00/Nightly
- Group Camping (per person) $10.00/Nightly
- Covered Horse Stalls $15.00/Nightly
- Camper Hook-Ups (electrical & water) w/Dump Station onsite $30.00/Nightly